Where to go for mortgage and legal advice

When you are thinking about buying a home, you’ll need to get some mortgage advice.  A mortgage or financial advisor can give you advice about current mortgages rates and products and will advise you about which home ownership schemes would suit you best based on your financial situation.  Any fees that may be charged will be fully explained to you.

When you have made the decision to buy a home, you’ll need to appoint a solicitor to act on your behalf. The solicitor will deal with all the legal contracts, inspections and reports for you, this is called conveyancing. mortgage calculator

Our mortgage advisor and solicitor panel members have extensive experience in affordable home schemes. So if you're unsure about which mortgage advisor or solicitor to use, our panel is a good place to help you decide.

Our panel members are not recommended but will offer unbiased and best advice to customers and can demonstrate knowledge and experience of Help to Buy and other low cost home ownership schemes.

You can also seek information from the Money Advice Service.     

Our mortgage advisor and solicitor panels

Our mortgage advisor panel members have knowledge and experience of the mortgage lenders that offer Help to Buy products whether you're interested in the Equity Loan scheme or Shared Ownership.

They will be able to give you impartial mortgage and financial advice to help you unlock your buying potential and take that first step onto the property ladder or move up to a larger family home.

Click here to see our mortgage advisor panel.  Mortgage advice

Our solicitor panel members have extensive experience of affordable home schemes such as the the Equity Loan scheme and Shared ownership.

They will deal with the conveyancing side of things when you purchase your new home.

Click here to see our solicitor panel.